Purpose of the Study Tour:
The purpose of the study tour is to ensure that the congress is used as a learning opportunity for the younger generation of garden centre managers and directors. It does this by:
- Ensuring the most is made from each visit during the congress through additional explanations or information about each business, plus having the opportunity to ask questions about what has been seen.
- Analyzing and discussing each visit to get the most out of it.
- Learn about cultural differences and how these affect each business
- Facilitating discussions – sharing common problems, and what is done around the world to resolve these challenges; comparing your own business successes and failures
- Forming friendships and a peer group to help you resolve any future challenges and discuss opportunities. Study tour participants will have access to a Facebook group of all current and past participants to continue the discussion after each congress.
Who should come:
The study tour catered toward younger participants - the future generation of garden centre managers, directors or owners who are keen to learn and exchange ideas with other international delegates. It is open to anybody over the age of 17 who is willing to share information about their own business, get involved with group discussions and provide feedback on what they have seen and learned.
Space is limited, so plan ahead and register early if you wish to be part of the study tour.